Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Davids Speak Out About the 'Idol' Finale

Source: ET

It's DAVID COOK vs. DAVID ARCHULETA when the "American Idol" finale takes place tonight -- live from the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles, airing at 8 p.m. on FOX. This will be the first time the two Davids sing on the Nokia stage, so how do they think it's going to affect their performances?
"You know, it's interesting," Cook comments. "I've always been really kind of confused by the idea, like the smaller the crowd for me, the more nervous I tend to get. Having the Nokia full, should be great. But you know, win or lose; I think we both win, so for me now, it's just kind of enjoying the moment."
Archuleta chimes in, "I don't think it'll be too different because the audience is still going to be big on the other side of the camera, watching on TV, so while there's more people live … I don't know. I guess I'll have to see once I go and rehearse and stuff."
It has been a busy time for both "Idol" finalists, who, if last year is any indication, will both land a recording contract. The winner of the competition, of course, will put out the first single. The tune will be the one that wins the songwriting competition. In fact, that song will be performed tonight by both artists.
"To be where I was at before, now to be standing on the finale stage and have, a 50 percent chance of my name being called, is pretty heavy, you know. So for me, it's just, either way, I'm content," Cook says.
Archuleta, who modestly says he has never expected to make the finals, admits he has gotten some great advice along the way: "Every single person always has something good to say, from Cook to the people helping us out, to family, to friends, to just people you meet and fan mail. People always have some good stuff to say."

No comments: