Friday, July 11, 2008

An unexpected bug bite remedy


Baze, one of the girls in the Glamour beauty department, found a surprise use for Revive moisturizing cream - soothes bug bites:

Our beauty closet is jam-packed with every kind of face cream you could imagine--I get overwhelmed just thinking about it. But now there's one that really stands out to me. I recently met with Hylton Lea, a big-wig over at Révive skincare and he was telling me all about one of their high-tech products called Moisturizing Renewal Cream. It's meant to make skin look tighter and more glowy but when Hylton mentioned that it also regenerates skin cells, it occurred to me that the healing effects might work on my bug bites. I am so allergic that when I get a bite, within a few hours it becomes a big, red, swollen, itchy lump of misery. I get so desperate for relief that I'll try anything. So sure enough I got a bite on my forearm last week and the Revive cream totally worked! I saw a major improvement in my bite the next day. I'm not saying I would run out and buy a $165 moisturizer just to soothe insect bite irritation, but it's fun when you find out you can multitask with something fancy. Have any of you ever accidentally discovered a surprise use for a product?

No comments: