Thursday, June 19, 2008

Nicole's Revealing Vogue Interview


Source: popsugar
We already knew that Nicole Kidman would be Vogue's July cover girl, and she looks wistful, gorgeous and stylish in the Annie Leibovitz photo shoot. Just as expected, her baby bump is barely showing, but you can see how Nicole has been influenced by her pregnancy in the article. She speaks up about being a mom-to-be, her relationship with Keith, and filming Australia in the emotional interview.

On the new baby: "When I first saw the baby on the ultrasound, I started crying. I didn't think I'd get to experience that in my lifetime. I like the unpredictable nature of it. To feel life growing with you is something very, very special, and I'm going to embrace that completely. I don't believe in flittering around the edges of things. You're either going to walk through life and experience it fully or you're going to be a voyeur. And I'm not a voyeur."

On finding Keith after her marriage to Tom: "Keith and I, we're more like, 'Hey' [she shrugs and smiles]. We just gently, gently sort of fell into each other. We were just two lonely people who went, 'Ah, there you are.' I'm so committed to this relationship, and so is he. I don't have addiction problems, but love is a very powerful force in my life. It's my fatal flaw and my virtue."

On living in Tennessee: "I've been in Tennessee, just sitting. We have a farm there, and I have an organic vegetable garden. This is a path I'd not taken before. My mum's always gardened. My sister gardens. And I've now conformed to the Kidman women's hobby of gardening. And it is just a hobby. I'm not feeding the troops. There's a softness to the Tennessee landscape that I just love. It's very beautiful out there. We have deer and wild turkeys."

No comments: